Tuesday, September 15, 2009

A post for entertainment until I actually have something to write about

Seeing as I am living in Japan, I have decided to experience the pop culture some while I am here. This includes watching some J-dramas and some awesome J-pop! There is one drama that we are watching called Hana Yori Dango (Boys over flowers) and we are into the second season and it is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOD! *sigh* I love it, and the actors are so hot, and they do all kinds of cute things...You will have to watch to see what I mean.

So next, I have been introduced to the wonderful world of J-Pop.

During this process I have found a new love: Arashi. Arashi is a J-pop group.... they sing, they dance, they rap, they're cute... what more could you ask of a music group? (Also, one of them stars in Hana Yori Dango, so he can act, too!) You could compare them to N*sync or Backstreet Boys, I suppose, in the sense that they are a boy band and they all dance on stage together and such. I don't want to say they are better than the American boy bands, cause JT is very awesome, so I will just say they are on the same level. I think that is a fair assessment.

So, are you wondering where the entertainment is in this post, as promised in the title? Here it is: I am learning the dance to one of Arashi's songs. My plan is to get a group together and perform it at the Nagano talent show/fundraiser in the spring! Are you laughing?

Just imagine me and a few others performing this. I mean, I think it's awesome! Also, it is giving me something to do to occupy all of my free time! I am learning the steps and I am putting in my own if I can't figure them out from the video. HAHAHAHA

In addition to learning the dance, I am trying to learn some of the lyrics so I can karaoke one of Arashi's songs in Japanese and thereby complete goal #11 from my goals for Japan!!! So it all fits together, really. As of right now, it is quite entertaining to hear me sing it because I can do all the random English words (love story, love so sweet, and lady) and then I can utter random Japanese syllables here and there. I can also do the "wo wo wo, yeah yeah yeah" parts. I'm on my way!!!

2 comments:

  1. So is it considered "teeny bopperish" to like a Japanese pop band? Like it would be considered if someone here liked the Jonas Bros, etc.?

    Or, is this pop music mainstream and accepted by teens and young adults?

    ReplyDelete