Monday, August 30, 2010

東京!! (Tokyo!!)

I guess it is about time for me to blog about my trip(s) to Tokyo.

During summer vacation, I went to Tokyo twice. The first time, Alaina, Kim and I went to another Tegomass concert. Yes, it was the second time. BUT we had AMAZING seats in the 4th row from the stage and thus we could see their real faces while they sang, rather than watching them on the big TV screens. It was fabulous. The concert was the main purpose of the trip, though, of course, we did some shopping and ate delicious foods and such.

Then, a few days later, Kim and I went back to Tokyo to play tourist. Well, Kim had done most of the stuff before, so I played tourist and she played guide! I got to do most of the Tokyo touristy things like the Tokyo Tower and going to Odaiba and Asakusa (the HUGE lantern/shrine) and of course, there was more shopping and eating of delicious foods.

There is really not a whole lot to say, but I did take a ton of pictures!! (captions are above pictures... is that weird?)

This one is Odaiba. The building with the globe in it is Fuji TV.


The Rainbow Bridge. This is from Odaiba so you can see the Tokyo Tower across the water.

Quick trip to New York for a picture of the statue of liberty...

Ferris Wheel. I guess its the tallest one in Japan? We rode it at night.

I tried to take pictures while we were on the ferris wheel... Not so successful. Just pretend I am artistic and that the blurs are on purpose.

Japan car. It has cranes on the top.

Me in Asakusa. With the big red lantern. Its pretty famous, I believe.

Sky Tree. It will be completed in 2012. Look at all the giraffes around it and on top of it! It is going to be taller than the Tokyo Tower when it is finished.


View from the first observatory of the Tokyo tower. We did go up to the "special observatory," too.

And a video...this is in the elevator going up to the special observatory. Just ignore me giggling. Something was funny at the time. I think it was the guy giving the warning about the cracking sound you might hear and how it is perfectly normal. Also, I sort of got stuck in a bad spot in the elevator and could not get a good video, but whatever. You get the idea.


And then we walked down the steps.

Tokyo Tower at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment