Friday, August 14, 2009

Fireworks

As you may or may not know, I do not like loud noises, and fireworks fall into this category. However, I came to Japan knowing that fireworks are big here, so I brought 3 kinds of ear plugs with me so I would be able to experience the amazing-ness. Iiyama had a HUGE festival tonight that included some fireworks. When I say HUGE, I mean it. They closed down the road that I take to get from my apt to the main part of Iiyama, so that is huge. There were lots of vendors and all kinds of delicious foods. I am happy to say I managed to sit through the entire hour without any issues. Of course, they did a few testers that caught me off guard, and Alaina had the pleasure of seeing me jump out of my skin, but I got the ear plugs in after that and it was all beauty and hardly any noise. Yay. I keep hoping I will grow out of this loud noise thing, but, based on the tester fireworks tonight, that will not happen anytime this year.

Anyway, the fireworks were pretty awesome. I tried to take pictures, but it is not very easy, so they are not good, even though I used the fireworks setting on my camera for most of them. I did take a few videos and those are much better. The best part is listening to the people in the background as they "ooh" and "ahh."

2 comments:

  1. Nice fireworks display! See, aren't you proud of yourself for conquering your fear?

    ReplyDelete