Sunday, September 5, 2010

a funny story

So... a funny story from last week. These stories are the reason that I love being in Japan and interacting with students. I am going to do my best to put it in writing, but, sometime, skype me and ask me about it. The out loud version is much, much better. When I write out her words, I am going to write them how she pronounced them, so that is why the spelling is funny.

Anyway, last friday, I was in the English office working on something for a lesson and two 3rd year students came in. They are both good kids, but one of them specifically is really outgoing and absolutely hysterical! Her English is not great, but her personality makes up for it. Japan needs more people with her kind of personality.

K...so she randomly asks me:

"Elissa, what is 'supaa hehro?" (thats heh like heh heh heh as if your were chuckling)
Me: "What? Super hello? Well, there's normal hello (I waved casually) and then there's SUPER HELLO (I put both my arms up and waved with a big smile)."
"No, no no...supaa...um...here, look at this towel, Elissa!"
(she shows me a towel that says Super HERO)
Me: "OHHH Super HERO!! It's the same in Japanese...hee-row!"
"OH!!! Hero! Like Spiderman, or Superman, or Kamen Rider?"
Me: "Yes!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment