Monday, September 6, 2010

Integral part of Japanese culture

PURIKURA!!!

So, you know in America, sometimes they have those photo booths where you can go in and you get like a strip of 4 of 5 photos with silly poses.  Well, in Japan they have a way more awesome version of that (yeah...way more awesome!)  You can choose different backgrounds, you can adjust the tone of your skin..aka... Japanese girls want to look whiter so they can do that... I have no issues with looking white, and in fact, if we don't darken it a bit, I fade into nothingness due to my extreme paleness.  Sometimes there are even themed purikura booths like Hello Kitty or Kamen Rider.  Then, after you take the pictures, you can write cute messages on them or give your friends funny hats or make the picture "kirakira" (sparkly?  not sure how to translate that).  You can also choose to send the pictures to your cell phone in addition to having them printed.  I find purikura to be quite fun, and so, I share with you some recent purikura!  Its so fun!  If you ever do come to Japan (regardless of my being here) please go to a game center and take purikura. Did I mention that it is really fun?

1 comment: