Monday, December 19, 2011

This is what happens in winter.

Ok, ok, so I was going to make you wait until next week or so for a post about Korea, but I thought this could be fun to share.  Mostly I want everyone to feel bad for me in this ridiculously snowy area.

Friday...it sorta blizzards on and off all day.  I drove to Iiyama station because we were going to Tokyo.  Parked at the station and went to warm and wonderful Tokyo.
 
Sunday... came back.  TO THIS:


I know, it does not look like much in the sorta of crappy cell-phone-camera-with-no-flash-in-the-dark picture, but trust me, this was a disaster.  It took about 20 minutes to clear it, and this was some dense snow.

Thankfully I was able to park on the paved side of the station that has the "magic water" as I like to call it.  Mainly, the ground has like sprinklers of sorts built in and when it snows, they spray water and melt the snow.  I had to drive Crystal home once to get a shovel, and then we came back and dug out her car which was parked on the other side of the station.  No magic water.


No comments:

Post a Comment