Friday, January 29, 2010

It's official

I turned in my form on Wednesday. I am staying in Japan another year! Who knew that would happen?! Certainly not me! I even sort of made a list of reasons to stay and reasons to go. Somehow, there were more "go" reasons, but many of them were silly.
Here is what I remember of the list I made:

Reasons to stay:
-Another year with the same students. I will get to see the current 2nd years graduate next March!
-Continue to build relationships with people here
-Next winter, I can snowboard some more!
-Improve my Japanese
-I love J-dramas!!
-Delicious Japanese food everywhere
-onigiri
-What am I going to do when I move back to the US?

Reasons to go:
-cheese
-pizza
-sandwiches
-Chipotle
-Air conditioning and central heat
-be among the literate again
-the longer I am out of school, the harder it will be to go back
-I will be 25 when I move back to the US, and probably still single... :-/
-pants that fit
-shoes that fit
-shirts with sleeves that are long enough
-won't be stared at anymore by small children who walk past me
-won't have to take the Japanese driving test

So as you can see, a few of the "go" reasons are somewhat silly, but reasons nonetheless. Another reason to stay? Because when I drive home from work, this is what I see:

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome! I too would miss Chipotle, but it will still be here whether or not you wait an extra year. And that picture is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete