Friday, January 1, 2010

Bringing in the new year with a lot of snow

That's right. Snow. I have not actually been able to leave my apartment since about 5 o'clock on new years eve because of the snow. In fact, when I first got home yesterday, I could not get to my apartment because the plow had not come yet, and there was more than a foot of snow in my "driveway." So after some panic and some phone calls, the plow did come (though the plow coming was completely unrelated to the phone calls) and I managed to get into my garage, and I have not left since then. Also, the snow has not stopped yet, so we are now at about 36 straight hours of snow. If I had to venture a guess at how much, I would say three feet, but its hard to tell from where I am because they do plow every once in a while, and also the snow falls off the roof and makes the piles of snow VERY tall! (Actually every time the snow slides off my roof it sort of freaks me out. It makes the whole house shake and is very earthquake-like) *Hopefully* the snow will stop tomorrow morning and then the plows will come, because I would like to be able to go places before school starts again on Monday. Also, Sarah might come visit tomorrow but I need to see what the weather does, because I might not be able to go to the train station!

So, here are some pictures of the crazy snow. This is from the afternoon, and now its 10 at night, so add another 8 inches or so.

This one is when I first went downstairs. The plow had come by once in the morning, so the snow was already back on the ground in my "driveway."


You can see the mass amounts of snow on the roof, and also where some of it has fallen already.


Then I started shoveling... and shoveling, and shoveling...

FREEDOM! Not that I went anywhere at that time, and now I am stuck again. However, the plow came in the middle of my shoveling and helped me out a ton.


No comments:

Post a Comment