Tuesday, October 19, 2010

♫♪singing the inaka blues ♪ ♫

inaka = countryside

I am trying to plan a trip to Hokkaido in February to go to the snow festival with Sarah and possibly Crystal.  Since I seem to have an abundance of free time today (finished my kanji book...sad) I decided to research a bit more into flights and hotels and such.  In my opinion, prices seem reasonable based on what I have found.  Looks like we can book a package of sorts that includes flight and hotel for under $1000.  So what is my problem?  The flight to Hokkaido is 90 minutes, BUT to get to an airport from where I live it takes at least 4 hours!!  I am so spoiled by America that has more airports than states, and here I come to Japan that, from my perspective, is really lacking in the airport department.  It is going to cost an extra $200 or so to get to and from the airport, no to mention the 8 hours of travel time and the challenge of booking a flight that coordinates with train times. 

 ♫♪♪And thus, I am singing the inaka blues. ♪ ♫♪ ♫

No comments:

Post a Comment