Wednesday, October 27, 2010

What was that about 4 seasons?

 I cannot remember (and I am too lazy to read old posts) if I have complained about this yet.  People in Iiyama (and all of Japan, I think) like to brag about how Japan is special because it has four proper seasons.  Well, Virginia has 4 seasons, too, people.  That is my usually non-verbal reply, but as of today, I have proof that Japan does not have 4 proper seasons.  Today is October 27.  Here is the snow.  Fall?  What fall?  It was relatively hot until about 2 weeks ago and then the temperature dropped rapidly and last night it snowed.  Granted just on the mountains, but my point is, Iiyama does not have four distinct seasons and therefore that is not something they should consistently brag about.  Iiyama has hot summer, long, cold winter, and then bits of time that sort of resemble spring and fall, but not really.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment